Microsoft Licensing Options
Microsoft licensing options are tailored to the size and purchasing preference of your company. These programs provide simple, flexible, and affordable solutions that enable you to easily manage your licenses.
Microsoft Licensing Options include these:
- Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) license – software preinstalled by the manufacturer
- Fully Packaged Product (FPP) – retail box purchase
- Volume Licensing – Flexible open license and enterprise agreements
The Microsoft Open License program offers three ways to simplify and save on software purchases:
Open Business is ideal for organizations that want to pay for software licenses as they need them.
- This option helps give your organization the flexibility to grow as your business needs increase.
Open Volume is designed for organizations that want to increase their up-front purchase in one or more product categories to gain deeper savings.
- The Open Volume option uses a system of product pools and points to establish purchase minimums for discounted prices.
- With Open Volume, software products are grouped into three product pools: applications, systems, and servers
Open Value is designed specifically to give you simplified license management, better management of software costs, and greater control over your IT investment.
- The Open Value option includes Software Assurance, an enhanced maintenance program from Microsoft that provides you with access to added benefits such as training, deployment planning, software upgrades, and product support.
- Open Value provides company-wide and non company-wide purchasing options. The company-wide option offers simplified license management and additional discounts.
Benefits of Open License
- A minimum purchase of just five licenses
- Discounts off the retail price of software
- Programs that allow you to pay at the time you purchase software or over three years.
- The rights to create a standard image and deploy it on multiple machines, and rights to transfer licenses from one machine to another
- The ability to obtain licenses from multiple locations through a worldwide reseller channel
- The ability to track and manage licenses by using online tools
- Access to Microsoft Software Assurance, an enhanced maintenance program that helps you get the most out of your software investment
- A single authorization identification number that can be shared with qualified affiliate organizations
The Microsoft Enterprise License program offers two ways to simplify and save on software purchases with flexible and cost-effective ways to make licensing purchases on a pay-as-you-go basis.
- Select Agreements is designed specifically for mid-sized and large organizations with over 250 desktop PCs and provides a flexible and cost-effective way to buy the latest Microsoft technology.
- Microsoft The Enterprise Agreements are designed for large organizations with over 250 desktop PCs that want to standardize deployment and ensure the company has access to the latest technology.
- With a software assurance plan you can stay current, manage costs, and gain operational efficiencies. Get the rights to new software version releases to deploy as needed. Get home use rights. Choose the software assurance plan that is best for you at the time of purchase and begin using your benefits immediately while extending payments over a three year period.
This matrix summarizes the many licensing options available and guides you to the optimal solution for your organization.
If you would like to discuss how LG Networks can assist you with Software Asset Management (SAM), click here to schedule a consultation or call us at 972-528-6546.