HyperV Clustering, Failing Over, and Moving Instances
Two common scenarios for higher availability and dynamic datacenters involve:
• Running the same workload simultaneously on two servers, or
• Running a workload on a primary server and periodically moving it to a second server due to a failure, load balancing, patching, or planned downtime.
In both scenarios, regardless of whether the workloads are running in physical or virtual OSEs, each server must have the appropriate number of licenses assigned to it prior to the workload running on it. This holds true regardless of whether you plan the workload to:
• Always run on a single server.
• Run in parallel on the server as a backup when the primary server fails.
• Run the workload if the primary server is down.
• Load balance when the primary server has high use.
• Only run the workload during maintenance.
Example: The servers are clustered, each licensed with Windows Server and both running the same workload in parallel.
Example: The servers are clustered, each licensed with Windows Server and both running the same virtualized workload in parallel.
Example: Both servers are licensed with Windows Server. The workload is moved from the first server to the second server.
Related HyperV Consulting Services
• Microsoft VDI Consulting
• Terminal Services Experts
• Microsoft Virtualization Products
• Hyper-V VMWare Comparison
• HyperV Consulting
• Windows Server Editions for Virtualization
• HyperV Failover
• Virtualization Rights for Windows Server 2008
• Licensing Running Instances of Virtualized Windows Server
• Hyper-V versus Hyper-V R2
• VMM 2008 versus R2
• Updating Offline Virtual Machines
• Backup Hyper-V with DPM 2010
• Hyper-V vs Xen
See how Virtualization solutions from LG Networks
can propel your business to greater success.
We provide a range of Computer Support, Managed Network Services and IT Consulting in Dallas, Garland, Plano, Richardson, Addison, Irving, Arlington, Fort Worth, Rockwall, Mesquite, Grand Praire and Carrollton.
Local experts who can visit on-site: Dallas Computer Support, Garland Managed Network Services, Plano Backup and Data Recovery, Richardson IT Consulting, Addison Cloud Computing, Irving Hosted Email, Dallas Computer Hardware, and Garland Hosted Software. We Provide IT Outsourcing for Companies in Dallas, IT Outsourcing is available in Plano. Also, IT Outsourcing is available in Richardson.
We offer Managed Network Services to the following areas: Managed Network Services Dallas, Managed Network Services Plano, Managed Network Services Addison, Managed Network Services Irving, Managed Network Services Fort Worth. Local Companies Want Our Managed Network Services Dallas, Managed Network Services Plano, Managed Network Services Addison, Managed Network Services Irving.
We also provide IT Support Dallas, IT Support Plano, IT Support Garland, IT Support Addison, IT Support Irving, IT Support Richardson, IT Support Garland, IT Support Mesquite, IT Support Fort Worth, IT Support Arlington.
We also provide Network Support Dallas, Network Support Plano, Network Support Garland, Network Support Addison, Network Support Irving, Network Support Richardson, Network Support Garland, Network Support Mesquite, Network Support Fort Worth, Network Support Arlington.