The Technology At Work To Keep Your Systems Working
The NAS device can be configured to backup multiple Windows 2000 and Windows 2003 servers by partition or by logical drives. There are no file or folder-level exclusions, because a snapshot of the entire partition is taken at the block level on the hard drive.
Also, database applications such as Microsoft SQL Server and Microsoft Exchange Server transfer data in blocks without having to worry whether files are open or are in use.
Key Components Of The Device’s Technology Are:
- Base Image – The first backup taken of a server is the base image – an exact copy of the currently used space on the server. The base image is taken for each volume (or partition) on the server. Once the base image is set, all future backups are incrementals.
- Remote Storage and Base Remote Backup Image Creation – Your data is stored (in encrypted form) in two secure online data backup centers, located hundreds of miles apart from each other. The BASE IMAGE will be sent via a SATA II drive to the primary remote storage facility. There is generally a three-week turnaround time required for this base image transfer to occur. Incremental backups will occur in the meantime, and they will collapse into the base image when the transfer is complete.
- Incrementals – Incrementals take place at the frequency that you schedule. For example, if you select 24/7 backups at 15 minute incrementals, 96 incremental files will be created each day. If you selected one-hour incrementals, 24 incremental files will be created each day.
- Incremental Forever Methodology – Incremental Forever Methodology differs from regular incrementals in that only one full backup or base image is required. This greatly reduces the time it takes to perform subsequent backups since each incremental takes only seconds to complete.
- Synthetic Incrementals – Incremental files are collapsed into synthetic incrementals (basically one larger incremental file). This is done to ensure chain integrity and to speed up restorations. The fewer hops from the current point-in-time back to the base image, the faster your restoration will be.
- Recovery Options – Recovering files and folders is a simple process in which the entire image is mounted as a volume on the NAS device. The encryption is necessary. Files can then be copied to the destination server over the network. We also provide utilities enabling your engineers to restore files, folders, Exchange mailboxes or messages, and SQL tables and databases.
- Virtualization (Physical to Virtual) Standby Server Functionality – The NAS device can “virtualize” failed servers while keeping the system in the same state as it was before the problem arose. No configurations are necessary. Once virtualized, the NAS will resume the backup schedule that was in effect before the failure.
- Bare Metal Restore (Virtual to Physical) – When it’s time to restore the virtualized server back to physical hardware, our bare metal restore process allows restorations to dissimilar hardware.
- On-site and Off-site Solution with Multiple Restore Points – Multiple NAS devices can be placed on a LAN. Each NAS device, depending on the model, can be configured to back up one single server or multiple servers.
Everything comes together in our NAS device to produce 15-minute incremental snapshots that safely reside within the device and are ready to be used to restore a file, a file folder, an email, or a database… all within five minutes.
We provide a range of Computer Support, Managed Network Services and IT Consulting in Fort Lauderdale, Miramar, Pompano Beach, Pompano Beach, Coral Springs, Plantation, Davie, Hollywood, Deerfield Beach, and Broward County
Local experts who can visit on-site: Fort Lauderdale Computer Support, Miramar Managed Network Services, Pompano Beach Backup and Data Recovery, Pompano Beach IT Consulting, Coral Springs Cloud Computing, Plantation Hosted Email, Fort Lauderdale Computer Hardware, Managed Network Services Fort Lauderdale and Miramar Hosted Software.
We offer Managed Network to the following areas Managed Network Services Fort Lauderdale Services , Managed Network Services Pompano Beach, Managed Network Services Coral Springs, Managed Network Services Plantation Local Companies want our Managed Network Services Fort Lauderdale Services Managed Network Services Pompano Beach, Managed Network Services Coral Springs, Managed Network Services Plantation Managed Services Fort Lauderdale Managed Services Fort Lauderdale Managed Services Pompano Beach, Managed Services Coral Springs, Managed Services Plantation