How LG Networks Helps with Software Asset Management
Software Asset Management (SAM) refers to the discipline of knowing what software you own, where it’s installed, whether or not it is being used, how much you paid for it, and other relevant data about this valuable asset. It’s almost impossible to keep track of all this manually. Let LG Networks employ the SAM processes, supported by the appropriate tools, and put you in control of your software assets.
Software Asset Management Review
Prior to making any decision about your software program, let LG Networks perform a SAM review including:
- Software inventory
- Matching of software licenses
- Review of licensing policies and procedures
Software Asset Management Program
Following a thorough review, LG Networks will employ our best practice tools and processes to create a strong SAM program that delivers these benefits:
- Reduce legal liability arising from the use of unlicensed software
- Reduce security risks through un-patched or old software installations
- Reduce purchasing costs through volume discounts
- Control costs by eliminating unused licensed applications
- Control costs by purchasing only the licenses you really need
- Maximize potential tax advantages by tracking software depreciation
- Comply with regulatory requirements
Use our SAM process to get control over software licenses throughout your business.
Managing software licenses can be complex and time consuming, especially if your business has multiple locations. Our complete license management solution enables you to manage carefully and easily:
- Manage many kinds of licensing options including client access (CAL), volume, enterprise, OEM, per-processor, per-user, and others
- Record license purchases, dates, and costs, and associate related documents such as contracts and purchase orders
- Allocate licenses to various departments and confirm installations in these exact locations
- Automate the gathering of inventory and usage data
Following a thorough review of your existing licenses, LG Networks can create the appropriate license program for your enterprise. Learn more about licensing options, including volume licensing.